Now that a few weeks have passed and my stress levels have gone (somewhat) back to normal, I can finally share with you all of the details from the #SbySTurns1 celebration!
Before this, I had never planned a party of this size, and although it was so much harder than I expected, I was lucky enough to work with some of the most amazing people in the Bay Area who were able to make my brunch dreams come true. I honestly can’t thank everyone enough for all of the help and support I received in order to pull off this celebration. I am so, so grateful for each and every one of you.
Take a look at some of the details and photos from the party below!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’m pretty much addicted to toast, especially sweet potato toast. So of course, I had to have a Sweet Potato Toast Bar at the party! And because my first love is bagels (I know, not the healthiest option, but I live for New York bagels with real chive cream cheese) I added a Bagel Bar to the menu as well.
Toast & Bagel Toppings Included:
- Red Onion
- Smoked Salmon
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Flax Seeds
- Chia Seeds
I’ll be sharing my full sweet potato toast recipe soon!
Next to coffee and water, kombucha is one of my favorite drinks, and consequently one of my favorite mixers for cocktails. It might sound strange, but kombucha + champagne is so, so good. And you don’t have to feel too bad about drinking it because you’re still getting those probiotics!
Clearly Kombucha was kind enough to sponsor #SbySTurns1 and I was so happy to have them! They’re my favorite local booch and the first one I ever liked. If you think kombucha is gross, try Clearly! Their actual mission is to create the most palatable and fun booch and they totally hit the nail on the head. Clearly is light and refreshing and perfect for brunch. My favorite flavors are the Asian Pear, Black Currant and Raspberry Ginger.
For the glasses, I got 16oz mason jars and we tied a simple sheer organza ribbon around them to dress them up a bit. (Hint: add a dab of glue behind the knot of the bow to keep the ribbon in place). I chose mason jars because a) they’re really fun to drink out of and b) I try to limit single-use plastics as much as possible.
The Consistency Project
You all know that I love vintage clothing, so I was so excited to have The Consistency Project Vintage Market & Upcycle Pop-Up at the party! The Consistency Project’s mission is to make smart consumer decisions in all life experiences, while highlighting vintage, recycled & sustainable apparel & goods.
“In a world of fast fashion, we felt the need to make our mark for a better future,” Natasha, founder of The Consistency Project.
I was lucky enough to meet Natasha through her new Closet Marketplace event (SF friends be on the lookout for more coming soon!) and she taught me how to hand embroider this vintage tee! It was so much easier (but also harder) than I thought. Anyway, I knew I had to introduce everyone to this amazing concept and having Natasha at the party made it so much more special. Plus, my friends and fellow bloggers scored some amazing vintage pieces for their wardrobe! If you’re planning an event in the Bay Area, I highly recommend The Consistency Project! It’s such an incredible concept and really makes your event stand out from the rest.
The Gift Bags
My main reasoning for even having this celebration in the first place was to thank everyone for all of their support over the last year. So it was really important to me to send everyone home with a token of my gratitude, from some of my favorite brands.
Inside the Gift Bags:
- $15 app credit
- Swag bag for 1 lucky raffle winner
- Flyby is a capsule designed to help your body break down harmful alcohol-induced toxins, support healthy liver function, and naturally replenish lost vitamins, minerals and amino acids—which is just a fancy way of saying you will feel better tomorrow morning.
- Fresh Beauty
- Product samples and a voucher for a free facial
- 20% off your next purchase
- The Good Feed
- Temporary tattoos, wooden coasters, stickers
- Good Feed was founded by Sevenly and friends in order to explore the re-fashioning of culture towards ethical consumerism. Today’s consumer culture is now taking notice of the effects of our purchases, and how we can use our voice to positively impact the world around us by partnering with brands committed to values people want to champion. We can achieve a host of goals, together, through our collective support of ethical brands. We are here to celebrate those brands and welcome them to a movement of commerce purposing to do Good, as we help improve the world together, one life at a time. #becausepeoplematter
- I made Broma Bakery’s Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies for each bag.
- Hornblower Cruises
- A brunch cruise for 2 for one lucky raffle winner
I can not thank Jen from One Fine Day enough for all of her help designing the party and setting everything up. I sent her a simple Pinterest board with my vision for the party and she transformed my apartment into everything I imagined and so much more. She is truly incredible and took care of all of the decor & kitchenware, florals, displays, and put together all of the gift bags for me. She is amazing and if you are in need of an event planner I could not recommend Jen more!
All of the event photography (and all of the photos in this post) was done by Shannon of Sunshine Shannon Photography. Shannon is a super sweet wedding and portrait photographer in the Bay Area. Local bloggers – I highly recommend Shannon for any upcoming shoots you’re planning!